Saturday, March 26, 2011

Extra Large Ironing Boards

FUNES undersell HOME STILL PAYING FOR HOUSING POLICY

Elvira is Colombian. He arrived 13 years ago to Olite. Widow, left three children in your country. There was a dressmaker and designer. Here, he began scrubbing in a restaurant. Within months, he changed to another where it takes 12 years, now as a cook. Target goal was accomplished. Coming to Spain to find work, brought their children (they came one and a half later.) His ultimate dream was to own homes.
In June 2005, bought an apartment in Olite, large, centrally located and new construction. It cost 180,000 euros. "I had no savings. I was given a credit for 120%. The manufacturers box and I did all the paperwork. The only guarantee was the salary of my son (welder, with two children and a home)."
The mortgage came to 900 euros per month. "But it was to afford," he says. A list of 1,500 euros to get fat with extra jobs: cleaning houses and garment alterations. In September 2008, he received a letter from the bank where he provided coverage rates. "I was told that protected my mortgage. What if the Euribor rose, went up more. And paid 1,300 euros.
He convinced me," he explains. Not received a euro for the swap. Rates fell, but Elvira was paying more each month: 980 and 360 mortgage swap. "They said they had fixed mortgage and gave me another loan to pay it." Over "selling off" their home at the end of 2010, of 140,000 euros, and grateful to do so because prices fell.
cancel the credit of 40,000 euros that he borrowed from a private individual, who still owe the money. But the coverage was. Asked him to cancel more than 25,000 euros. She still lives in the apartment of your dreams, but now pays 540 euros for rent to its owner.
swap bleeds The other 480 euros per month. And the payroll has been reduced. Food, clothing, the cost of the "small" and facing the house pulling the credit card at the supermarket and payroll her other daughter, who does manicures.
has sought a lawyer. And take the matter to trial. "They tell me I have a chance. For me to return everything I've paid with interest and something that I missed to sell the flat. But until further notice, I'm paying."
Elvira Zapata in Diario de Navarra (collected from Ordago)

0 comments:

Post a Comment